Best Cordless Lawn Mowers 2021 : One of the greatest inventions of all time is ‘electricity’. With the introduction of electricity into our society, a massive revolution came about with regards to the way we were living our lives. In a way, it ‘fished’ us out from the actual dark ages and ushered us to the light. Productivity increased and so did the way we live our lives. It was only after the introduction of electricity that the rapid development of architecture, evolvement of infrastructure, innovations and further inventions of more miracles.
Electricity has made it possible to access a certain privilege with just a click of a button. One can only imagine the shock and a pleasant or even fear when the first light bulb was lit! Today, the world is almost unrecognizable from the time of the invention of electricity. Today, speed, efficiency, and accuracy have all been a boon of the more primitive form of the need for electricity, which could be accessed with just a touch of a button. It is a time of ‘remote control’ ‘cordless’ or simply a click of a button which makes things work in a manner we want them to.
Best Cordless Lawn Mower Reviews 2021
The benefits of a cordless lawn mower are plenty, as you need not worry about suffering from an electric shock or having to cut off the cord right in the middle of the act. These are also easy to move about and store at a place when done. All you need to do for them to perform well is to make sure that they are well charged before you use them. Now that we know what the cordless lawn mowers are all about, let us take a closer look at some of the best cordless lawn mowers of 2021.
The Sun Joe MJ401C-PRO 14-Inch 28-Volt Cordless Push Lawn Mower, w/Rear Discharge Chute is a powerful machine that works with efficiency. This best cordless lawnmower is a perfect appliance for the small to medium lawns. The Sun Joe is battery powered and consists of fine durable blades. This lawnmower can easily cut across a 14-inch-wide path with accuracy and precision.
The appliance is powered by a 28V 4 Hr. rechargeable lithium batteries and can be used for up to quarter acre of the lawn for every full charge, quite an impressive run one can say. The Sun Joe MJ401C-PRO 14-Inch 28-Volt Cordless Push Lawn Mower, w/Rear Discharge Chute comes with an adjustable deck, which makes it all the easier to store and place wherever required. The appliance allows 3-position manual height adjustments and can be chosen as required. This appliance also includes the detachable 10.6-gal grass catcher and makes disposing of an easy task. Also available in the rear discharge chute.
- This has a better battery capacity
- This lawn mower does not offer accidental starts
- This offers height adjustments.
- It is perfect for small areas
- This lawnmower has a peak performance of 28 V rechargeable Lithium batteries.
- The appliance features a detachable grass catcher for easy disposal.
- This cordless lawnmower has a handle that does not fold flat
- The charging time required is much longer in comparison.
The Sun Joe MJ401C-PRO 14-Inch 28-Volt Cordless Push Lawn Mower, w/Rear Discharge Chute is a fine machine as long as you have a small area to attend to. Being lightweight, it is also very easy to manage and maneuver all around. However, this appliance cannot be used in wet areas and also requires a longer time to be fully charged. Not a bad deal at all considering all the benefits it offers.
This is a fine cordless lawnmower and includes two 20V 4.0 Ah Lithium batteries. This offers an extended run time and improves the efficiency of the machine. This best cordless lawnmower has a 14-inch TURBINE cordless blower. The best part about this appliance is the fact that it features the ‘Intelliect’, which is designed to offer the user extra torque and power as required. Also, the machine helps in the conservation of power as and when required.
The WORX WG958 14-inch 40V (4.0AH) WG779 Cordless Lawn Mower and WG547.9 Power Share Cordless Turbine Blower is compact and can be easily placed and stores anywhere. Being lightweight this machine is easy to be moved about and can be manned by almost every individual of all sizes. This machine produces 360 cfm of power air volume, in order to be able to perform any kind of a task. This cordless lawn mower is part of the WORX power share family and allows us to save battery. The machine has a single lever to adjust according to the cutting heights. Also featured is the all cool folding handle for more compact storage. This cordless lawn mower also has the Intellicut technology for the much-required force and power as required.
- This lawnmower is lightweight
- This is easy to use
- It is easy to assemble
- This have silent operations
- This best cordless lawnmower has a blower included
- The batteries need to be charged quite often
- Cannot be used over a large area
This is a fine-looking cordless lawn mower with a heavy-duty steel deck. Also included is the BL brushless motor offers 2, 500- 3, 300 RPM, for a swiffer cutting function. This cordless lawn mower is good to use as it does not cause any form of disturbances as it has a quiet operation.
The Makita XML03PT1 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium‑Ion Brushless Cordless lawn mower comes with a foldable handle. This makes it easier to store and maintain. The appliance also has a weather resistance construction, thus offering longer life and better durability. This cordless lawn mower has the feature to cut up to 7300 square feet and it utilizes 5.0 Ah batteries.
- This offers silent operation
- This mower features foldable handles
- This comprises of heavy-duty steel deck
- This best cordless lawn mower consists of a single lever cutting height adjustment for 10 different height cuttings.
- This appliance has an efficient power management feature.
- Requires extra strength for upwards or forward propelling
- This appliance does not feature a side discharge option
- This mower is comparatively heavier
- The cut height is lower than expected.
This is one of the most efficient in the cordless lawn mowers category. The Greenworks PRO 21-Inch 80V Cordless Lawn Mower, 4Ah Battery and Charger Included 2501202 has a tireless run time of 60 minutes after being completely charged. This best cordless lawn mower is operated with a 4 Ampere hour battery. This appliance comes with a battery and a charger included. The cutting height is 1-3/8-inch maximum. This appliance has a longer run time and also comes with more power.
The construction of the machine is such that it allows less wear and tear, thus, extending the overall life span of the appliance. Also featured is the Smart cut technology and the versatile 3 in 1 discharge capabilities which offers the rear discharge thus, making it easy to maintain the machine. The machine has a rapid charge time of 30 minutes of the 80 volts 2 Ampere battery. The charge time is 60 minutes for 80 volts 4 Ampere. The machine comes with a compatible battery and charger.
- This has a self-propelling feature.
- This lawn mower also includes a brushless motor
- This offers a vertical storage facility.
- It has high power and longer run time.
- It has an easy start option.
- It has silent operation
- This lawn mower offers more control over the entire process
- This mower does not let out gas fumes.
- This has a knob on the handle which wobbles
- This has a wire which often gets caught up in between the rear panel. Untangling the wire can be a troublesome task.
- This comprises a bag that is tough to empty. The bag included keeps shifting causing much discomfort.
This is a fine appliance as it is three in one tool. This machine can easily convert from a mower and then to a trimmer and then to an edger. As the BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Lawn Mower, String Trimmer and Edger, 12-Inch (MTC220) has an AFS automatic feed system, one can have a continuous run time. Also featured is the Power Drive Transmission which stops the machine from bogging down.
The Cutting height offered by the appliance is about 1.6-2.4 inches. This best cordless lawn mower has an adjustable height desk and a pivoting handle. The battery charges up to sixty percent after a continuous 2.5 hours.
- This is compact lawn mower
- It includes one lithium battery
- It offers more power transmission
- It offers an adjustable length for an easier use
- This best cordless lawn mower has an adjustable handle
- This cannot be used in a large area
- The string requires manual unwinding
This a best lightweight cordless lawnmower. This machine is compatible with all EGO power and Lithium batteries. The machine has a cut capacity of 20 inches. This mower is also weather-resistant and is quite durable offering a long-life span. The machine can be easily folded and kept aside.
- Compatible with all EGO power battery
- It is durable and weather resistant.
- The machine is compact and easy to store
- The machine is foldable.
- The longevity of the battery is limited
- Slightly expensive
This is a fine machine with an innovative technology that offers an efficient service and a long run time. This is a completely robotic lawn mower and operates self, also naturally fertilizing your yard in the process. The WORX WR150 Landroid L 20V Robotic Lawn Mower, Orange has a ‘Find My Landroid’ which is used to locate and find the machine from your yard. This is an all cool way of having to mow your lawn and it can be done without getting up from your bed or leaving your room. All you need to do is manage the controls through the mobile app and have the robot do all the work by itself. This technology is easy to access and follow plus offers great comfort.
- This is robotic lawn mower
- This has a cut to edge feature included
- This machine is easy to install and set up
- The entire operation can be operated from the mobile app
- This is compact and easy to store.
- This is easy to install and use in no time
- This is customizable
- The user can fix an auto-schedule for the process
- The machine automatically recharges itself
- The robot can climb a slope
- It offers height cut adjustments.
- Does not mow the same area twice
- Slightly on the expensive side
Best Cordless Lawn Mowers 2021 : Buying guide
Bringing home a cordless lawn mower is never an easy choice. Hence, you can go through the buying guide for better reference-
The core reason for purchasing a cordless electric lawn mower is only the convenience which it offers. The user does not have to worry about dragging an extension code all-around their space because battery-powered mowers provide freedom without refueling it. These type of movers mostly used to the type of batteries-
- Lithium-ion battery
- Lead-acid battery
Both of them are capable of producing a range of voltage from 20-120 volts. You can note that the higher the voltage maximum will be the output.
Push or self-propelled-
Two most significant moving styles are offered by the cordless mowers are push style and self-propelled. The former mowers require a continuous supply to do the job while moving forward and backward. On the contrary, the latter has the rear wheels to drive it in any direction. It is also capable of providing absolute ease less fatigue on the users’ part.
Mulching or not mulching-
The factor of convenience cannot be counted if the mower is not capable of dealing with the grass clippings. Luckily cordless mower comes with two possible options or sometimes both in one as mulching and bagging. Mulching refers to leaving the grass clippings on the ground once you mow it but some devices finely chop it so that they can be easily decomposed by the soil and can prove to be nutritious for the vegetation. Bagging means that you can catch the grass clippings keeping the area clean and dispose of it later.
Size and weight-
This type of lawn mowers are comparatively larger and heavier than the regularly recorded mowers. It is because they are provided with heavy-duty batteries. If your lawn or grass level area is small then it is advised to purchase small sized mowers.
Performance and budget-
Any good model is able to give a clean grass level to space without investing any significant efforts. You have to look out for the models that can offer maximum clearance saving your time even for the heavily grown yards. The range of cordless lawn mowers can possibly start from $250 to highest and it is important to understand the requirements of your area prior to the purchase. If you have less space then you can prepare affordable solutions but if you have to deal with overgrown space then a large mower is your option.
Working of the Lawn Mowers
The electric lawn mowers are battery operated and they are far more user-friendly in many aspects. There are various benefits of using a cordless lawnmower. These home appliance types are far less noisy in comparison, do not utilize gas, low on maintenance and also do not let out fumes. The other major benefit of the cordless lawn mower is the fact that these are easy to start and also maneuver about. Surprisingly, it has been found that the cordless lawn mowers utilize just as much electricity as an electric toaster. Also, as these are far more compact, they are much welcomed into smaller homes with a tiny lawn space. So, what is the construction of a basic electric lawn mower and how does it work so well? Let us find out.
One of the major differences or the advantage of a cordless lawn mower over a corded one is the fact that the corded lawn mower is limited to just 100 meters of area. The other important components that comprise of the cordless lawn mowers are the blades, bed knife, body frame, wheels, push handle, motor, bag, and batteries. The fact that the cordless lawn mowers are battery-operated makes them able to cover a larger area and are nor cord-bounded. The batteries that are used in the cordless lawn mowers are one or three 12 V lead-acid batteries and require about 12 to 24 hours of time to be fully charged. Once fully recharged, these cordless lawn mowers can be used for a continuous 20 to 30 minutes of run time at a stretch. The latest models utilize the Lithium batteries as these improve the efficiency of the performance. The Lithium batteries are also eco friendly, as these are greener and quieter. The best part about using the Lithium batteries is the fact that they have a run time of above an hour and require just an hour to get fully charged.
You must definitely give consideration to your space before making a purchase because different lawn areas require classified maintenance. The requirement to clean the area also depends upon the month cycle and some of the movers are not suitable for every season. Hence you must give enough consideration to the type of grass and slopes (if any) in the yard. Best Cordless lawn mowers are better than the corded mowers because they can be easily deployed for the work and the user does not have to worry about caring for one strip to another. If you are not in favor of the battery-powered mowers, then you can even find the devices that run on petrol.
- 1 Best Cordless Lawn Mower Reviews 2021
- 1.1 #1. Sun Joe MJ401C-PRO 14-Inch 28-Volt Cordless Push Lawn Mower
- 1.2 #2. WORX WG958 14-inch 40V (4.0AH) WG779 Cordless Lawn Mower
- 1.3 #3. Makita XML03PT1 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium‑Ion Brushless Cordless
- 1.4 #4. Greenworks PRO 21-Inch 80V Cordless Lawn Mower
- 1.5 #5. BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Lawn Mower, String Trimmer, and Edger, 12-Inch (MTC220)
- 1.6 #6. EGO Power+ LM2000-S 20-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Walk Behind Lawn Mower
- 1.7 #7. WORX WR150 Landroid L 20V Robotic Lawn Mower, Orange
- 2 Best Cordless Lawn Mowers 2021 : Buying guide
- 3 Conclusion